Professor – Wireless Communications and Applied Electromagnetics
Comsoc Bahrain chapter Chair
Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
College of Engineering, University of Bahrain (UOB)
Isa Town, Kingdom of Bahrain, P.O. Box 32038
Mobile Phone: (+973) 33332771, Office: +(973) 1787626,
Fax: +(973) 17680924, Skype ID: mangoud
[email protected] [email protected]
– 27 years of active research in Communication Engineering and Applied Electromagnetics.
– 17 years of teaching experience of Electronics and telecommunications courses in UK, USA, Egypt and Bahrian.
– 70 Published papers in various indexed international refreed Journals and conferences.
– Technical Program Committee (TPC) chair and member of various prestigious international IEEE conferences,
– Technical reviewer for various IEEE Journals among others.
– Program chair of communications major and director of telecommunications laboratory at UOB.
– Awarded many research grants and projects in UK, Bahrain and Euroup (EU).
– Supervised/Co-Sopervised 2 Ph.D and 11 M.Sc Students.
– Founder and Chair of IEEE Commmunications Society (ComSoc) Bahrian Chapter (2017-date)
– Vice-chair of IEEE Bahrain section and student activities coordinator (SAC). (2015-2018)
– IEEE Student Activities Coordinator for all Bahrain universities and Counselor of IEEE SB-UOB.
– Advisor for Egypt Scholars Inc.
– Board (ExCom.) member of Society of Excellence & Academic Research, (SEAR), Bahrain
– Chair and member of various academic, curriculum, research, adminstrative and ABET committees at UOB
– Frequent reviewer for various IEEE Journals among others.
– Conference chair: MENACOMM2019, 2nd IEEE Middle East & North Africa COMMunications Conference (MENACOMM2019.org)
Mohab A. Mangoud received B.Sc. and M.Sc. from Alexandria university in 1993 and 1996 respectively, Ph.D. degree from University of Bradford, Bradford, UK in 2001. He worked as a senior RF Engineer for Airbus-Astrium Space Lmt, Hertfordshire, UK, in the field of space and commercial communications satellites. Then, He was Assistant Professor with Electronics and communications Engineering Department, Arab Academy for Science and Technology and Maritime Transport (AASTMT) Alexandria, Egypt. Later, Dr. Mangoud joined Bradley Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (Virginia Tech.), Blacksburg, Virginia, USA as Adjunct Professor. Currently, he is Professor of wireless communications, Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, University of Bahrain (UOB), Bahrain. He is the coordinator of communications courses, Head of telecommunications research Labs and College of Engineering senior projects coordinator at UOB and Telecommunications consultant for Bahrain Polytechnic. His Current research areas of interest include Wireless, Mobile and Personal Communications, Cooperative and Cognitive networks and MIMO Technology. He is also an active member of Applied Computational Electromagnetics Society (ACES). Dr. Mangoud is an advisor for Egypt Scholars Incorporation, aiming to participate in raising the level of general and specialized awareness in the field of IT, Telecommunications and Electromagnetic and to contribute in helping, advising, inspiring young engineers to excel and build a successful carrier.
He has published of 70+ scientific papers in national and international conferences and journals. He has an international collaborative experience on several research projects funded by international governmental bodies and private telecommunications companies in US, UK, EU and Bahrain. In 2015, he was awarded European Union scholarship to conduct joint research with EU. Dr. Mangoud is a Senior Member of the IEEE since 2010, IEEE Communications Society (ComSoc), IEEE Antenna and Propagations Society (APS), Microwave theory and Techniques society (MTT-S) and IEEE Broadcast Technology Society (BTS). He serves as a reviewer for various reputed journals and conferences annually. Also, He is the Vice Chair of IEEE Bahrain Section, Region 8, (Jan 2015-Feb 2018). Prof. Mangoud is also serving as the counselor of IEEE UOB student branch and IEEE Bahrain section students activities chair (Jan 2015-Feb 2018). Also, Prof Mangoud is the founder and the current chair of the Bahrain communications society chapter, Bahrain ComSoc since Jan 2017. Prof. Mangoud was a TPC member and chaired many committees in IEEE conferences in GCC and MENA region and he is the general executive chair of IEEE MENACOMM 2019 Conference.